Dear Hasbrouck Heights Businesses & Professionals:
The journey of 1,000 miles begins with the first step. Our parking situation is our journey. And we have to take the first step. Let's start here:
1. Time frame: Spring 1999
Here are some guidelines for us to get started:
1. All Businesses -- Do not park on the Boulevard. Use side streets. Be courteous and don't leave it in front of the same home all day. Move your car around. No homeowner wants to get stuck.
2. If you have an assigned space in your business, use it.
3. If you have "Customer Parking" behind your store -- promote it.
4. If you have lots of employees, please emphasize No Boulevard Parking. And again, let's be courteous to the homeowner.
5. Parking on the Boulevard and moving your car 3 feet every two hours to avoid a ticket -- serves no purpose.
6. Pick up and receiving: Do your business and move on.
Let's try these ideas and evaluate their value by Spring 1999. You are encouraged to contact your neighbors on the block and work together in the spirit of cooperation. We are looking for realistic ideas to improve parking and welcome your thoughts after this experiment.
The beginning of this journey is now. It's about our working together -- one step at a time. Thanking you in advance for your help,
s/ Hasbrouck Heights Chamber of Commerce
PS: Please make copies and pass along to your
neighbors. Let's all work together!