M I N U T E S
October 9, 2001
Mayor Torre stated
that the meeting complied with the Sunshine Law, due notice having been made to all
members by personal service on January 1, 2001 and to The Observer, The Record and the
Herald News on January 1, 2001.
ROLL CALL: Present: Mayor William J. Torre, Councilman Andrew Link III, Councilman Herbert D. Heeren, Councilman Justin A. DiPisa, Councilman Garrett R. Pepe, Councilwoman Verrastro, Councilman John Wassberg
SALUTE TO THE FLAG AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE: Mayor Torre led in the Salute to the Flag and Pledge of Allegiance.
The following correspondence has been received as of this date:
1. Letters from the New Jersey State league of Municipalities regarding:
2. Letter from Attorney Walter M. Slomiekski Jr. representing Paul Bedrin and Gerald Bedrin and property on Route 17
3. Letter from Attorney Mark Turnamian representing Girdhari & Jaya Gandhi of Henry Street and a problem with tree roots.
4. Terrorism Preparedness Fact Sheet from the Bergen County Office of Emergency Management
Motion: A motion to waive the reading of any other item of correspondence at length into the record and to accept the correspondence and place the same on file was made by Councilman Pepe, seconded by Councilwoman Verrastro, and unanimously carried.
BE IT RESOLVED that the claims and accounts amounting to $1,505,306.85 specified in the schedule hereto annexed, having been examined and approved by the Finance Commissioner, or his Deputy, be paid and that warrants be issued therefor.
Signed Andrew Link
On a motion by Councilman Wassberg, seconded by Councilman DiPisa, and unanimously carried, the foregoing Resolution was adopted.
144. Raffle Licenses for Hasbrouck Heights VFW Post 4591
On a motion by Councilman Pepe, seconded by Councilman Wassberg, and unanimously carried, the foregoing Consent Agenda Resolutions were approved (copies attached)
146. Marriage Licenses - Payment of Fees to State
147. Construction - Payment of Fees to State
148. Dog Licenses - Payment of Fees to State
149. Authorizing Advertisement for Bids for a Litter Vacuum
150. Authorizing Assistance to Two Tenants at 320 Boulevard
151. Authorizing Checks for Purchase of Property Located at 322 Boulevard and 202 Madison Avenue
152. Authorizing Change Order No. 3 for Hamilton Avenue Improvement
153. Authorizing Community Development Grant Application by the Housing Authority of Bergen County for Senior Citizen Building
On a motion by Councilman Pepe, seconded by Councilman Wassberg, and unanimously carried, the foregoing Resolutions were approved (copies attached).
ORDINANCE NO. 1947:
BE IT RESOLVED that an Ordinance entitled "AN ORDINANCE TO APPROPRIATE THE SUM OF $28,000.00 TO PROVIDE FOR THE ACQUISITION OF A MOBILE LITTER VACUUM FOR THE USE OF THE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS OF THE BOROUGH OF HASBROUCK HEIGHTS AND FURTHER TO AUTHORIZE THE FINANCING OF THE COST THEREOF IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE PROVISIONS OF THE LOCAL BOND LAW BY THE ISSUANCE OF BONDS OR NOTES NOT TO EXCEED THE SUM OF $26,600.00" introduced this date be and the same is hereby passed on first reading and the Borough Clerk be directed to advertise notice of public hearing on said Ordinance to be held at the regular meeting of the Borough Council on October 23, 2001.
On a motion by Councilman Pepe, seconded by Councilwoman Verrastro, and unanimously carried, the foregoing Ordinance on Introduction was approved.
Mayor Torre commented that this equipment would go out for bid and upon the successful bidder, a vacuum will hopefully be in use by the end of this month.
ORDINANCE(S) ON PUBLIC HEARING: None
RECESS FOR CAUCUS:
Mayor Torre announced that the Ground Breaking Ceremony for the new Municipal Complex would take place on this coming Saturday, October 13, 2001 at 2 p.m. at Central Avenue and extended an invitation to all town members.
Mayor Torre announced that the meeting would be recessed for Caucus.
There being no further business to be conducted by the Mayor and Council, the meeting was adjourned.
I, ROSE MARIE SEES, Borough Clerk of the Borough of Hasbrouck Heights, do hereby certify that the foregoing Minutes are to the best of my knowledge a true account of the Mayor and Council Meeting held on October 9, 2001.
Rose Marie Sees